Spicy mince fried rice

image

Hey dahls!!! New week, new dishes :). My sis and brother came over for dinner :). Initially wasn’t sure what to cook but realised I had some lamb mince in the freezer that I was able to defrost to make this quickie meal.

image

Lamb is one of my favorite meat; not only is it versatile and can be prepared in various ways with excellent result, the tender meat has a delicious taste. It is one of the richest source of digestible protein and vitamins A, B3, B6 and B12. Mineral content includes iron, phosphorous and calcium. Although it contains saturated fat, this represent just 35% of the total amount. The other 65% represent monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fat which is a healthier type of fat. Ok let me stop hyping lamb…..you all should try it if opportune 😉

image

Back to the meal;

Prep time: 7mins
Cook time: 20mins
Serves: 4

image

Ingredients

400g easy cook rice
400g lamb mince
1 medium onions, thinly sliced
Spring onions, thinly sliced
1 courgette, thinly sliced
3 sweet bite pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow and red ball pepper, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
Black pepper
Salt

image

Method

Cook rice in boiling water for 15mins and keep warm.

image

Add oil into a heated wok, add red onions and spring onions, stir for 30 seconds and add mince. Season with pepper and salt, let cook for 6 minutes, stirring at intervals. Once the mince is cooked, looks brown add ginger and garlic paste, courgettes, peppers and leave to cook for 3 minutes.

image

Add rice, stir in and leave to simmer on low heat for 4 minutes. Serve and enjoy 🙂

image

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s